Every now and then (maybe more than that) I just can't get it together no matter how hard I try. Well, today was just one of those days and I was feeling a little discouraged about all the things I didn't do that I wanted or needed to do. Caden & I didn't get out of our neglected and laundry ridden house (and our jammies) until precisely 3:40 pm and I had a bajamillion things left to do. Being a working-stay at home mom adds a lot of extra to-do's especially at the end of the month and around the holidays for me, both of which are tomorrow. Anyways, with all the crazy little things I had to do, and between the annoyance of running out of ink in the middle of printing, Caden refusing to nap resulting in ultra intensified hyperness, and no extra time to make dinner, somehow I decided to make some Halloween cupcakes. I feel like I should produce a fake cheesy Cheshire grin for the word cupcakes and how I feel about them right now. So anyways, I guess I was all shaky and worn at the end of the day and so maybe you could say I wasn't as "stable" as I normally would be wink-wink (ok, I admit, this whole ordeal really just has to do with coordination. I'm just embarrassed to admit that I could possibly have another incident involving my flailing bodily maneuvers and kitchen confusion). However, since those of you who know me will attest that this is really just a regular occurence for me, I will just proudly claim my clumsiness and sad kitchen skills. So, in the end this one takes the cake (or cupcake-hee hee). Just take a moment to visualize the whole scene. Here I am calmly mixing my cupcake batter first on low for 30 seconds timed exactly as the box says. Then, I read that I should mix for 2 minutes on medium speed. I am sooo carefully trying my darndest to do this in ABSOLUTE perfection! I even scraped a few times like it says. Well, I believe it was the scraping that finally did me in. SOMEHOW my scraper lost control (do you like how I blame the scraper) and got caught in the beaters resulting in the mixer flying out of my left hand, over the bowl and into the sink. My right hand was also stuck in the beaters and it was beating the heck out of my index finger. I managed to pry my fingers out and turn off the mixer. I was so shocked about the whole thing and I really just wanted to see if I was bleeding to death underneath so I brilliantly turned on the sink and soaked my finger AND the whole mixer underwater. I then had a chance to look around and see the damage. Batter was EVERYWHERE!!! all over the floor, counter, cupboards, sink, and me. I just didn't know what to do so first I started bawling (my finger was after all still throbbing) then I burst into uncontrollable laughter. I really wish I had a picture of the scene, but my sweet husband came to my rescue so quickly that it was cleaned up, mixer and all, before I ever had a chance to reveal the evidence. What a day! We did eat dinner tonight in case you were wondering-we went out for pizza, ahh the joys of pizza night!!!! PHEW!!!!! That was a long post!
Oct 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I laughed right out loud!
Oh Tammy! Next time you feel like cupcakes, just give me a call and I will make you some :)
Oh Tammy!! That sounds horrible!! Is your finger okay? I can just see you crying and then laughing. That's sweet that Justin came to your rescue and cleaned up the whole mess for you. I hope you're recovered.
Just think, if you didn't have these little incidents, you wouldn't make us laugh so easily. I hope you're ok but at least you didn't mix by "hand". :)
Post a Comment