Oct 13, 2008

A Place Unlike Any Other

Almost a million years ago, well maybe a month ago, we went really far away to this antartica-looking place.

Only it wasn't snow on the ground, but it was salt, and it was really sticky and it got all over the car after we got back in and wouldn't go away. Then we kept driving and finally arrived in the lovely town of Wendover. We knew we were there when we came upon La Joya wedding reception center (Let me know if your looking for a center and I'll jot down the details for you).

It has great security AND for your convenience a pasty pink mobile home right around the corner...a romantic honeymoon dream!

So in case your were wondering, we actually drove out there for the air show. We love air shows and have been trying to find one (somewhat locally) for a LONG time! Finally we saw a commercial advertising one the day before~and so naturally we headed out in the morning. The jets were AMAZING!!!!! Did I ever mention I am obsessed with jets. I really am oBsEsSeD! They are such fun, speedy, suspenseful and exciting little machines---I love them screeching by me!!! They had so much power they set off all the car alarms each time they whizzed by.

Caden loved the side show, which was a car display, more than any of the aircraft. He also was rather fond of the huge plane that gasses the other planes and I have no idea what it is called---but they let him check it out and pretend to drive it so it really got him revved up. This is the "gasser plane"...
Justin's FAVORITE part was the dollar off coupons we got at Burger King. Especially since the first words that came out of his mouth when we got to the air show were "We drove clear out here for THIS"! Good times, Good times!

1 comments:

Summer said...

That is so Justin. I can hear him saying that exact thing. Sounds fun!