I love a good Thrifty experience! I don't know quite what it is that excites me about it so much, but I think it gives me a strange sort of high. It empowers me. I had this feeling especially after today while at the DI. It had been way too long since I had been there or any other thrifty place. In fact, it had been so long that I had forgotten how much I enjoy the moth-ballish antiseptic smell, the grabby customers snatching things directly from my basket and the greasy hangers. So, while we were there Caden out of the blue says "The guy on T.V. told us that we need to 'Come on down' today and buy a car for $199 dollars. He then continued with, "Muuuooom, the guy told us too!" I was blown away and a bit taken back by the impact commercials are obviously having on our children, at least mine? Well, Mr. commercial man and all the other people selling me your trash. I can buy junk at the DI for a lot less....$6.50 to be exact, and I don't have to go through buyers remorse. Of course, I have to admit I am still a bit consumerish sometimes and a sucker for toys too, so naturally we still ended up shopping (for Caden obviously) and he was in Hog heaven when I told him he could pick whatever he wanted today. I guess the good news is that I don't cave in to every commercial and I am sometimes frugal. Here are our fantastic finds from our little outing.
Sep 19, 2008
Thrifty Mama
Posted by Tam at Friday, September 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I love your blog.
Tammy - you describe things SO beautifully!! The smell of DI (exactly), the thrill of a deal, how Caden relates things to you! (eek about that commercial thing, it's easy to forget that they take things completely literally, and believe everything as well!) Your posts are a delight!:)
I really need to make a trip there. Caden is just so cute. And I love the setup you have for your preschool. So fun!!!
Yes Jami, It would be great to see you guys & we would love to have you over!
Post a Comment