Sep 27, 2008

The Big Kahuna!


Today is Justin's & my five year anniversary and since I just had a little surgery I was expecting it to be very different than our oh so luxurious honeymoon to Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. BUT.....I got to thinking and realized things really haven't changed much in the adventures of our lives together.

Our Honeymoon: We went deep sea fishing, our boat starts sinking.....Fast!!! A pelican tries pecking at me and trying to steal my lunch.

Today: I feel like I am the sinking boat, Caden was pecking at me trying to eat all my food.

Our Honeymoon: We go on a two hour road trip on roads washed out from a recent hurricane to the middle of nowhere, we get lost and get our rental car buried about a foot high in the sand, we have no water with us and the town we finally arrive at has not yet received their rations from the red cross. They have plenty of beer though.

Today: Hmmm, a little trickier. Well, we drove all over town today while I am a bit dehydrated (see next section), I am wishing I had a beer to numb the pains each bump causes to my recovering body. J/K.

Our Honeymoon: We ordered lemonade since we are in Mexico and it is not advised to drink their water. We soon feel like geniouses when we realize lemonade requires water to be made. We spent the next day indoors if you get the picture.

Today: I spent some time indoors. I guess one of the medications they gave me produces undesirable effects. Sorry for the visual if your touchy about that kind of thing.

Our Honeymoon: We watched this guy try and put on his scuba flippers before going out to sea. He fell over repeatedly, but just wouldn't give up. We nicknamed him Scuba Steve.

Today: I look like Scuba Steve trying to wobble around. I guess I'm supposed to be healed by now, but I'm beginning to wonder.

Our Honeymoon: We came back from our sinking boat trip and our rental car had been "moved"---no crashed into. We had parked in an area that apparently opens up into a road during the day. Since we had arrived before the crack of dawn we were not aware of this and instead of giving us a ticket or towing us or something normal that they would do here in the US. Someone just decided to drive right into our car and push it out of the way. Nice.

Today: Well, luckily we weren't actually in a wreck, but for some reason I felt like a wreck today. I felt much better yesterday, and tonight I have actually been doing really well, but for the record, this morning I was a wreck.

Our Honeymoon: Even though there were many moments of panic and fear for our lives, we laughed our way through it and loved every ounce-- especially of the lemonade.

Today: We are still laughing and always will be about our many exciting adventures of the past, present and yet to come!

I love you Just, and am glad you still love me even as an invalid! We rock forever!

5 comments:

The Napiers said...

That is SO cute. I love this post!

Utley Family said...

Happy Anniversary (Saturday)! You are such a cute couple! What a romantic honeymoon :)

Vickie said...

I like your post!!! I can't believe you and Justin have been married for 5 years, that is crazy. So are you healing okay. I haven't talked to you in forever. I will have to call and chat. I am coming down this weekend so we should play!!!!

Jami Jackson said...

That was hilarious to read! I didn't know you had such an adventure on your honeymoon. It's good you can look back and laugh at it. I hope you are doing okay and feeling better.

Michelle said...

Oh my goodness - I obviously never heard about your honeymoon adventures!! Sounds like it was quite a trip - phew! I'm sorry your surgery had you feeling so bad, and that it happened to coincide with your anniversary. Hope you'll get to REALLY celebrate sometime soon!