Sep 17, 2008

Oh the Places We Go

These pictures depict the places and ways we spend much of our time these days. It seems school is all a buzz at our house. Justin is thrilled to be studying after a nice long day of work, grad school & swim class.
Caden was slightly apprehensive about going to his new preschool class the first day. I don't have a 3 year old curriculum so Caden goes to his own little class twice a week and has been loving it so far. The first day (post picture moments) he came home ecstatic to tell me all about his new friends & his class. In his words he said "Mom, come sit down by me, I want to tell you all about my day!" So stinking cute! Then he proceeded to tell me all about something to do with a train, a game, a story, and painting. I am so happy he loves it! I am also happy his teacher was kind enough to let him still attend since he isn't potty trained as I had planned. It was a long and tiresome summer trying to achieve a diaper free life, but he is just not ready nor interested. He has become pretty proficient in the number 2 department, but nothing official. His laptop in the fourth pic. was something he worked hard to earn by going numba 2 in the potty several days. He loves to "going to work" with his laptop, going to his "dot com website" and "working online". I love to hear kids interpretations of the things adults do. FYI: Thrifty I may be, but I DO generally make a point of buying Caden articles of clothing that fit him and are stain free, I promise! This is his special shirt he was to wear the first day and it is the only size that was offered.


As for me, this is where I have been spending more time since I have started up another fun year of preschool. I have downsized to only one class twice a week with 2 hr. sessions, from previously having 2 classes. I have already noticed a huge difference in such a small change. There is much less prep work and set up for just one class which works out great for me and Caden. We love to play together & we get some extra time this year which has been really fun!

3 comments:

Summer said...

That shirt makes me laugh! I didn't realize Justin was back in school already. Lucky him. I guess that's why he has that "look" in his eyes.

Michelle said...

Oh man . . . those two words "potty training" send chills of horror and dread down my spine!!:) Eli's almost 2 1/2 and it's coming . . . aaaahhhhh! Caden is SO sweet! I'm glad he is loving school and that he'll tell you all about it!

The Napiers said...

Your kindergarten looks SO Cute!!!