Jan 5, 2008

Free Ice Skate Day!


We had a blast taking Caden ice-skating for his first time. It was actually quite a comical experience. He didn't want to go at first because he kept confusing skating with sledding and after last weeks icy sledding adventures I don't think he was too excited. He kept saying "I'll never skate" & "We already did it---all done". Once we had the skates in hand though, his interest was peaked.

At first Caden was more wobbly than a newborn giraffe and barely made it out to the ice. He remained that way for about the first 15 minutes. We ended up taking a break and watching a short program they had of some more experienced skaters. I think it inspired him cause he wouldn't stop clapping and growling. When they were done he said "I liked that dance" and then insisted on going back out. This time much more fervently and he even started skating on his own a bit. By the time we left he was kind of gliding or more "scooting" without clenching Justin & I (with a lighter death grip) and...he could semi-stand up on his own.

As far as the pictures go....Well, I kind of forgot the memory card and was so upset that our stunning pictures were gone with the wind......so, instead we took a post skating picture and got some pics off the web of our rink & some random skates (almost as adorable as the even smaller ones he wore).

We heard about free skate day through one of my favorite websites: http://gocitykids.parentsconnect.com. I highly recommend this site to anyone interested in finding family friendly, often free, community events. We have found several original and most hilarious events to attend which really entertain and fit our unique humor. I would suggest to anyone interested in this site to register for the weekly newsletter. It keeps you informed of all the upcoming festivities in your city and e-mails you the sites weekly top picks.

3 comments:

Natalie Que said...

Hey Tammy, did they bring the pack and play yet!? I will make sure it gets there if it hasn't yet!

Utley Family said...

Hi there! I just discovered your blog through Carrie's and I love it! You have such a cute family!

Linda

Jami Jackson said...

Tammy, your little family is so adorable!! That Caden is one handsome little boy and you seem like such a fun Mom (rooting for the rice table and all).