Yes, I have frantically been searching for the "perfect" swimsuit to wear for an upcoming little getaway. I have come to the conclusion that June is definitely not the best time to make this type of purchase & still expect to find anything in my size and taste left, but since I am a top-notch procrastinator I guess I will have to make the best of it. So, the other day I went out with high hopes of finding a little something on the modest side. Little did I know that my hopes would soon be destroyed by all the sucky swimsuits I would feel obligated to try on....just in case. One I tried on at Nordstrom made me look like a pink frosted cupcake and I was laughing so hard in the dressing room I thought they were going to kick me out. Is all I am asking for is a halter top with boy shorts, since that is so far what seems to be the best fit for my body configuration. This may sound like a simple task, but I swear I have been to literally every store in the valley and the only thing I have found is that all the fabrics & styles I love are on the bikini's and I am getting really sick of looking. Any ideas? No granny-panty suits please. I am not too concerned about price at this point. This is a picture I found online doing a google search for modest swim wear. Do you see my point yet??? You can find more of these one-of- a kind beauties (if you are into that level of "modesty") here. Any realistic ideas would be appreciated. PS...I am still interested in learning about your most irresistible & favorite websites too. (See previous post) Thanks!
Jun 8, 2008
The Perfect Suit...
Posted by Tam at Sunday, June 08, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
We have been having the same problem searching for something modest and cute for Nicole. Those are LOVELY suits on your blog! Here is a link to the one I want to get! he he http://www.wholesomewear.com/page-4.html
I know I just talked to you on the phone, but here are the links I was talking to you about.
https://jessica.mymodbe.com/web/t/Modbe2/Content.aspx?PageID=6653&CatalogID=41
and
http://www.hapari.com/
(There's a store in Centerville that carries these called Bellezza)
and I just got a Long Torso Tankini at VS
http://www2.victoriassecret.com/collection/?cgname=OSSWMTNKZZZ&cgnbr=OSSWMTNKZZZ&rfnbr=157
It's not as long as the other, but I think I'll like it!
Nice.. are they polygamist?
I thought this was going to be a story about how fat you think you are and that you cant bear to see yourself in a swim suit. I was going to have to slap you. Nice recover tho!! :)
I, too, have come across some hilarious websites for modest swimwear. I don't have any swimming suits that I love, and I usually wear the same kind that you are looking for (halter/shorts). Have you tried Lands End? I have ordered from them before. I think Sears might carry some of their swimming suits, too. Also, I saw some at JCPenney awhile back....maybe they are all gone? Anyway, Good Luck!
Dude those are so hilarious!!! you should seriously consider them. On a serious note my sister finds the cutest modest swimsuits from juicy couture but she buys them at nordstroms rack for less than half the price-so maybe check them out there.
Oh how sad I actually own the swimsuit on the right...hee hee
I have bought a cute boy shorts, tank and it came with a little skirt at Victorias Secret. I wish I could have been there to see you lookin like a cupcake. Next time you go shopping for anything call me I will tag along. I miss seeing you and Caden!
ok I know this sounds weird but victoria's secret (I know) sell really cute tankini's if you are ok for that and at good prices. Also most of them come in the same fabrics and sort of styles as the bikini's since that seems to be your problemo. I was peeing my pants at those swimwuits. You could wear your underwear if so desired. hee hee Emilee
AAAHHHHHHHH - those pictures!!!! Oh my goodness - I can't stop laughing! Thank you for sharing your strive and heartache . . . I can definitely relate. It seems fairly - errr, COMPLETELY is more the word I'm looking for - hopeless at times. In fact, I have owned the same swimming suit for 7 years (embarrassing, but true) and every year, including this year, I look for a new one but it is so terrible. Anyway, you'll have to give us a little update if/when you find one - I need some hope!:):)
Icame across these same pictures when I was looking, are they for real? Yor post is a little old and you may have already found something but if not go to hapari.com, they also have a store in American Fork. I would check out the website before making the drive! :)
Post a Comment