After hours and hours of dragging my tired husband & son around, lots of ranting and raving, and OFFICIALLY giving up on trying, I actually found the "perfect suit". And where do you think it was? Of all places in St. George (Down East Home). I saw this one online & loved it, but they didn't have my size anywhere in SLC or online. Unfortunately they didn't have my size in the George either, BUT----I decided to risk it and try on the only size they had left (which was supposed to be to big for me). Sadly and very happily it fit. Now all I have to do is have a great time swimming and keep telling myself this brand just runs small. You may be thinking I thought you didn't want a granny panty suit. Well, I didn't, I was originally going for more of a surfer girl kind of look, but these granny's felt more vintagey or retro or something like that to me & I ended up loving them. Yay, another mission accomplished for me. I am considering ordering one of the special and oh so fashionable modest suits from below pictures online as a second suit---Be prepared!
Following is a huge conglomerate mass of photos since we have been really on the go lately and I haven't had time to post. I am NOT joking even in the slightest bit when I say "huge conglomerate (also very mixed up) mass"! I don't feel like taking the time to re-upload and organize my pictures either so good luck.
Here's the first Picture of us getting prepped for our Hike to Emerald Springs in Zions National Park...
Monkey See Monkey Do...Taken at the top Emerald Springs.
We had a fun play date with Courtney & Logan for the Summer Kick off party a couple weeks ago. The train ride was a super success for our Thomas the Tank Engine loving boys.Taking time to smell the roses (And Manure) on a spontaneous stop to Wheeler Farm about a week earlier than the kick off party.
Caden is our budding photographer. He was very adamant that we get some pictures of me too. With a little help he actually got me in the picture in several of them. This was my favorite though.
Nothing stops Caden from posing GQ style. Not even a strenuous hike up Zions in 100 degree weather. He proudly finished to the peak on his own with almost zero assistance other than me "reminding" (I like that word better than nagging) him regularly of what side of the trail race cars drive and how they have to race very carefully (and slowly) so they don't fly off the road.
Our hot trip out to the Sand Dunes.Caden loves his new baby Cousin Carley!
The sand dunes did not turn out to be the big hit with the kids that we had hoped for. This was most definitely due to the scorching afternoon heat. We asked Caden "How did you like the sand dunes?" With which he sincerely replied "I didn't!"Another Wheeler Farm shot.
An appropriate swimsuit is once again Top priority in our family!!!!!!!! Caden and Brynn look especially charming in theirs. I just have to say the Superman Bodysuit Aunt Holly got Caden for his B-day was a quite the spectacle out at the pool. Might I add Brynn looks like she's ready to launch off like a rocket. The Super Suit was like a nanny suit or something amazing like that. We actually got to swim and not stress (as much) about him drowning. He got pretty confident jumping in the pool & "sinking" (in his words), kicking his feet, going under the waterfall, and having dad huck him up in the air so he could come crashing down like a bowling ball.
Jake had some raging fascination with lifting up possibly tick infested rotting trees on our little hike up Zions to Emerald Springs.
My favorite boys!
I had more fun & success shopping in St. George than anywhere. I was pretty taken back by all the great finds I came across. I always thought shopping there was a big joke till now.
Summer, Matt & Audrey all posed up to please.
Mud Magnet.
Jun 23, 2008
Dun, Dun, Dun....and the winner is...
Posted by Tam at Monday, June 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Tammy, ease up on the fun, you're making me look like a boring mom! And about the swim suit, I looked at Downeast as well and the size I am (or wish I was) is a little snug so no worries!!
Hey Tammy!
Fun swimming suits! You chose well! :)
Hey will you email and tell me how you put audio on your blog? I can't figure it out on mine!
Thanks chica!
Melissa
Tons of fun!! I am totally jealous.
Tammy,
Darling suit! I was so happy to come across your blog from Jill's. Caden is getting so big! I hope we can keep in touch. Check out our blog at
www.journeywithjohnsons.blogspot.com
Miss ya, Briana
Post a Comment