Jake & Caden both begged my sister Holly & I to take them swimming today (Didn't take much). We didn't want to spoil our reputation of being "always late but worth the wait" and showed up at the pool right as they were closing from 1 to 3 PM. What's up with that? Anyways, since we were with 2 and 11 year old boys we were not interested in sticking around waiting for them to open. So to kill some time we decided to go to the mall to eat and look for a replacement swimsuit for one Holly lost.
We weren't exactly dressed appropriately for this type of outing so we had some embarrassing encounters. I don't know if we were dressed appropriately for ANY event really. Being an Aggie fan, I was more embarrassed by the BYU pants than anything!!! I actually saw a group of college aged guys snickering at me and several girls look me up and down with a hint of disgust. But, being the slightly sick person that I am I almost enjoyed the reactions because it gave me a sense of individuality and some serious laughter. Freedom-AHHHH! Jake about got kicked out by the mall police for wearing rollerblades.
After our meal we went out ice-creams in hand (not so smart) to look for the perfect swimsuit. While we were looking some kind woman humored us and then offered us some candy bars as part of her sales pitch. We were all pleased with the candy bar part of the offer and took a few. Caden immediately began reaching for one. I told him he could have one as soon as he finished his ice-cream. Well, Caden is no dummy and thought he would speed things up a bit............By hucking his cone across the store barely missing Holly, not to mention several racks of swimwear! We got to leave the mall with Caden screaming, kicking, and dripping with a mixture of ketchup, mustard, ice-cream and snot.
Well, we finally made it to the pool and as you can imagine we had a blast and were all ecstatic that we were able to have another event filled day out on the town! To finish things off Jakes dad James took us all out to dinner at Applebees. Holly loaned me some clothes to wear for the occasion. Thanks Holls for telling me you had these in your car all along!
Mar 16, 2008
Rock On-Day 2
Posted by Tam at Sunday, March 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Oh Tammy, only you and your BYU pants can pull of a day like that. I love Caden's face in the picture where he is eating the ice cream. I am jealous I would love to take the girls swimming, but that would involve me in a swimsuit and Callie would probably be so embarrassed by me she would hide!
That is totally hilarious. I wish I could have seen Caden throw the ice cream. Who trades ice cream for a candy bar anyway? What a fun day. And I LOVE your BYU pants and would only snicker in jealousy!
You are so funny and such a fun mom! I love reading your blog and getting a little laugh each time!
You are so adventurous! I love that you look beautiful even in BYU pants (I'm a Utah fan so I definitely would have been laughing at you!!) Your life is always so exciting. Thanks for letting me live vicariously through you as I sit home wishing I could do anything at all!!
Tam Bam, that is so hilarious. I can totally see Caden hucking the icecream cone. I am surprised that it missed Holly and the clothes. Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun while Jake was here. I love your blog. You should check my blog out, I updated it and changed it up a ton. Love your guts!!!
Post a Comment